Monday, May 26, 2008

Virginia


On May 3rd, I left for a business trip in Virginia. I was going to working at a Senior Amateur tournament 60 miles West of Richmond, Virgina. It was a a golf course names Spring Creek Golf Club. The best part of my trip was that unknown to my sister and her family that live in Buena Vista, Virginia, my mom was traveling with me to surprise them. We had planned this trip for a month and had to lie to all of our family in order to pull this off. We arrived at 12pm in Richmond and then traveled to the course I would be working at to ensure my supplies had arrived. Once that was done, we took the 95 mile drive to my sisters house. I had made arrangements to stay with them Saturday, Sunday, and Monday before traveling back to Texas on Tuesday. As we were driving to my sisters house, I spoke to my sister and she mentioned having to run some errands with her family. She said the house was unlocked and to go in and relax. Unfortunately they had not left the door unlocked as they had thought. So my mother and I stayed in their 5Th wheel camper. We ended up having to wait almost 2 hours before my sister and her family came home. Once they got home I meet them around the front of their house and they took me inside. While inside I texted my mother to come around to surprise them.
As you can see, we were successful in pulling off our plan! It was really special to my mother and sister so happy.
At the top is a picture I was able to take at sunrise on Monday morning in route to the golf course. It is a panoramic view of the Shenandoah Valley. You must drive around it to get to and from my sister's town.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I still can't believe you two were able to pull this off. I was so shocked and happy!!! Hope you had a wonderful b-day! Love ya little brother!!